Saturday, January 2, 2016

#17 - Saturday, January 2, 2016 - The Great Nebula of Orion

I didn’t think I’d get to go out again until the spring time, but I sucked it up and battled the cold!  (I also hid in the car).  I drove down to the state park I've been going to for a while first, but the gate was closed to the parking lot, so I drove all the way back up to the other state park.  I was not to be deterred!

Since it’s winter time, the Great Nebula of Orion was finally above the horizon!  You can see it even in the telescope as a greenish thing with some structure.  It doesn’t take a very long image to get color and structure though!  And WOW is it something else!  Unfortunately, it was windy, so I only got six good images of the 180 I took that night, but here is the stack, at ISO-3200 for 30-second images:
M42 Orion Nebula
Nikon D3100 on my C8
6x30s, ISO-3200

No comments:

Post a Comment