Thursday, October 6, 2016

#64 - Thursday, October 6, 2016 - Andromeda Yet Evades Me

I apparently forgot to write this one up – I’m writing this entry a week and a half on, so I will likely miss some details.  I’ll make it short, then.


I aligned, polar aligned, and aligned again, and things seemed fine, but tracking was terrible.  Like, really awful.  Guiding refused to work too, giving me error messages about non-orthoganality and the like.  I finally gave up and just imaged Andromeda through the guide scope again.  I’m still having this weird issue with it where it’s a lot brighter on the right side (maybe my flats are still bad?), but I got this neat image of M31:
M31 Andromeda Galaxy, Nikon D5300 on my Orion ST-80
79x30s, ISO-3200, no flat
I think that’s about all I got though.  Oh well, consolation prize!  And I left it set up for Friday night.




No comments:

Post a Comment